Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmm........

Well, I recently learned that there have been some studies that show paraffin scented candles could release cancer causing emissions.  Hmmmm......  Those who know me & have been inside my home know that for YEARS, I'd have several, like 6 - 8 of those awesome smelling, large jar type candles burning, ALL - OF - THE - TIME.  Hmmmm..... And yes, in an UNventilated area, as I wanted the house to have a nice, detectable fragrance from the (expensive btw) candles.  Hmmmm....

Here's an article about it. 
Hmmmm......

So I ask Dr W about it.  His response was something along the lines of this: "Well, paraffin is essentially a plastic, & breathing in burning plastic is probably not a good idea."  Hmmm......

So yeah...another thing we can add to the ever growing list of things that can cause cancer.  Yes, just being alive apparently causes cancer.  I realize I'm not ever going to be able to avoid all carcinogens.  But DAMN!  I love those candles.  O does too.  But do I wanna burn them anymore?  Nope.  Now I need to research about the fragrance used in reed diffusers.  I think I already know the answer.  Hmmm....

So, what to do, hmmmm?  I'm thinkin, Essential Oils, & EO scented beeswax or soybean candles.  And I'll let ya know what I find out about all this.

No comments: