Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Less Hip. Me??

Soooooooo, first week back in the insurance biz.  It's been great to be back with my friends.  Isn't it amazing that it's pretty much the exact same agents as when I was an agent there 10 years ago?  And same administrative staff too.  BUT, I can see that MUCH has changed technology-wise & I have MUCH to learn to be able to work on my own & be of some help to the agents.  But I'll get there.  Got my office set up & my license came in the mail on Thursday.  So it's official.  YAY me! :)

Next: I still have a mediport-shaped knot where the mediport used to be.  So to look at me, it appears that I still have a port.  Which I don't.  But today it does seem to be quite a bit smaller, so maybe it'll finally flatten out soon.  I called Dr V's office to inquire if it was normal to have a knot there.  His response: "Normal as rain."  Ok. 

Had more blood work done this week...ordered by the fabulous endocrinologist, Dr F.  It appears I have some slight bone deterioration in my hips & he calls it "Osteopenia".  The report says the bone density here is "between 10 - 25% below normal. Fracture risk is moderate. Treatment is advised."  Well shit!  Anyway, the blood work Dr F ordered should tell him why there's the deterioration, although I'm pretty sure we're blamin it on chemo.  But he wants to know for sure so we can get on top of this before it becomes a problem.  Increase calcium & Vitamin D.  I was normal on my D levels on my last CBC, & I was already increasing my Calcium.  So, guess we'll wait & see what the tests show.

And January signals the annual starting over of the health insurance deductibles for treatments, tests, drugs...all of it.  Maybe you remember my post last January ... Yeah, I didn't deal with it very well last year.  Guess I should try to be more....ummmm....mature(?) when/if I find myself in a similar situation this year...

And right now I'm listening to hubby edit 4 year olds singing...& I think my uterus just imploded.....



 

No comments: