Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Time For A Cool Change

Ok, so we're right in the middle of the "medical flurry" of bc tests, checks, scans, squashes & such.  Saw the Oncologist, Dr W on Thursday, & the Endocrinologist Dr F yesterday.  Next up, mammo, surgeon, sono.  And then I'll have a couple months off till the next 3 month Oncologist visit.

And how am I doin with the New Year's Resolutions regarding medical stuff? Well, I guess I'm doin ok...I didn't cry at the chest X-ray.  Didn't cry all over Dr W.  I hope to not be flippin out at the mammo, & DEF don't wanna be all freaky in front of Dr V!  Well, I did have a bit of a scare....Dr F's office called me yesterday & told me I needed to come in to discuss my labs & could I come on in, like NOW.  I was all like, WHAAAAAAAT??  He usually just drops me a letter in the mail tellin me to call to get a new dose on the meds...so I was flippin totally out.  But it really was just to discuss changes to my thyroid meds.  Nothin more.

AND, my visit with Dr W was a good one.  He had some news.  He's leaving that cancer center where he is currently & goin to a MUCH better place (in my opinion).  I have been becoming rather disenchanted with this cancer center myself, & was gonna talk with him about changin to one of the other locations.  But he beat me to it.  He's gonna head up some Oncology division at a nice, newish hospital right near a mall I like & just around the corner from a Five Guys Burgers & Fries!  Yeah, THAT could make me have a different view of pending Oncologist appointments.  And what a great change that will be!  AND, it really did make me feel good when he told me he was SO glad to see me on his books this week so he could tell me of his cool change in person & also afford me the opportunity to get on his books at the new place, seamlessly in time for my next 3 month appointment in May.

And now for our non cancer-related stuff: Shooting for the "awareness & prevention" movie we're doin kicked off last week. This will be our 7th movie. And I'm back "on the job" doin my boom mic thing.  And I have gotten very rusty.

But it's nice to be back to doin more & more things we did PRE-bc.  KnowwhatImean? 

It really does seem like things are goin more & more back to normal.  And that's VERY cool...for a change.

=)

No comments: