Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Tell Me, Who Are You?

Who, who...who, who....

15 Random Facts About Me

I'm always late to the party. But better late than never. I so enjoyed learning more about my friends in the bc blogosphere, so here we go with my own 15 Random Facts, as challenged by my blogger friend Nancy in her Blogger Challenge Post. Gonna have to dig deep to find 15 Facts about me. I don't think I'm all that interesting. 

1. I am an only child. And I am therefore, very spoiled. My mother spoiled me growing up, and my husband, O, picked up where she left off. I'm spoiled. And lucky.

2. I have worked as an electrician's assistant. I know how to build, lamp and hang the fluorescent lights that hang in Walmart. And also how to drive an electric scaffold. I also have been a boom mic operator in our video business. I like doing it, but sadly, lymph node surgery has made it kind of difficult to do for very long. 



3. I can sort of play the bass guitar. My technique is awful. I play by ear. I can play along with the entire Marilyn Manson Antichrist Superstar and also Type O Negative's Bloody Kisses. Yep. And some other various and assorted songs. 

4. I have also sang in a garage metal band. We called ourselves "80 Proof".  We practiced in a daycare after hours. We sucked. 'Nuff said.

5. Before joining my husband in our video production company, I was an Insurance Agent with Dallas County Farm Bureau. It only lasted about a year. I had worked in the insurance biz for many years and thought I would enjoy it more than I did. I was almost a Claims Adjuster. I probably would have enjoyed that more. 

6. I hate liver. Which is unfortunate, because O does love him some liver and onions. Thank goodness for cafeteria restaurants like Luby's who make a damn fine liver and onions I'm told. I also hate beets.

7. I enjoy cooking. I especially like to cook South Beach Diet friendly foods. Except when they don't turn out. Doncha just hate it when you read a recipe, everything sounds wonderful in it. And it is a bit of work to put it together. You spend all this time. And it just sucks. Tastes terrible. Yeah, it happens. Pizza delivery's on me. LOL!

8. I love to listen to the most heavy, hard core (insert proper descriptive here) metal music. And the music of my childhood...70's. And some 80's. And some Punk.

9. I have been to so many concerts, especially as a child. My mother was part of the management of the Savannah Civic Center for a big part of my childhood. I have been fortunate to see some top acts of the 80's like The Go-Go's & Flock of Seagulls, Ratt, Motley Crue, Alice Cooper, Styx, KISS, Foreigner, and even saw Barry Manilow in the round there. And so many more. I had one hell of a great backstage pass collection. And right about the time I was old enough to appreciate her connections, she left and changed careers. Guess she figured back stage at rock concerts was no place for a 16 year old. Ah well....

10. I do enjoy a nice martini. A nice Vodka martini with Grey Goose and Bleu Cheese Olives to be precise. But I also enjoy good whiskey. I probably enjoy these more than I should. And beer with crab legs. Please don't lecture me about the newest studies on alcohol and cancer. Thank you.

11. I am such a night owl. Who, who...who, who! Sorry...too corny. 

12. I tell corny jokes. They're really bad. *See #11 above.

13. I have more online friends than real world friends. There are people on my Facebook that I consider real and true friends, although we will probably never meet. I have some high powered, super intellectual and even famous friends on there too. I love them all. I believe we connect with certain people in cyberspace and they become part of our lives for a reason. Just like I believe people in the real world come and go from your life for a reason. 

14. I am very short. I was 4'11" for most of my teenage years, and then I grew to 5'1" somewhere along the way. I don't mind being short. Except when I can't reach things. 

15. I love crunchy, salty snacks. Not really into sweets, but chips are my weakness. Especially spicy ones. Like these Ruffles Hot Wing flavored chips. OMG. Or the Flamin Hot Fritos. Oh man I will wipe out a bag of these kinds of chips in a hurry. And popcorn. Love popcorn. Just learned that Orville R has POUR OVER Butter Microwave Popcorn. OMG. Microwave popcorn probably causes cancer. I know. I do not care.

And with that, I'm off to find me some chips. Or pop some corn.

10 comments:

Cancer Curmudgeon said...

I cannot believe how much we have in common! The only child thing, the love of music and of cooking! Awesome list--hugs!!!

LunaTechChick said...

Right CC? I remember thinking the exact same thing as I learned about you when I first discovered your blog! Big hugs back! XX

Rebecca said...

Loving your list!! I love rock, specially from the 80's. You were so lucky you went to so many concerts (by the way, I just went to see the Psychedelic Furs -- thanks for the inspiration! I should get out more often.). So you play the guitar. That's pretty cool. I wish I could play a musical instrument, like the violin(OMG I love when musicians use violins in rock music!)That's neat that you used to be part of a band.

I enjoy salty chips a lot. I eat them when I am stressed at work and can easily eat one whole bag by myself. Ok, maybe two.

I wouldn't mind me some liver right now. I used to love eating it (with caramelized onions, yum!)but I stopped eating meat 4 years ago. Booooring! I know.

I can also relate to having more online friends than in real life. I am OK with this though.

It's nice to learn more about you.

LunaTechChick said...

Hey there Rebecca! Yeah, I was really getting into the going to concerts thing when mom changed jobs. She still had connections though, so I continued to enjoy some perks for awhile. I can play the bass, but honestly, haven't touched it in over a year. Things are pretty unsettled still at the mo.

I also am ok with more online friends than RL. I've always been a bit of a loner. And it apparently runs in the family. I am fortunate, though, to have had one, real best friend for about 20 years. But she's still in Texas & I do miss going shopping & girl talking with her.

Anyway, thanks so much for reading & sharing thoughts here. I count you as a friend for sure.

xx

eileen@womaninthehat said...

I agree about the online friends. The connections are very real, even if meeting in person will likely not happen. For instance, I'm so glad I met you! And if that's not enough, we're the same height. Okay ... I have a half-inch on you. :)

LunaTechChick said...

Hey hey Eileen!! I feel the exact same way! So glad to have "met" you. Yes, the connections are SO real for me too. Not sure what I'd do without my online friends. And short chicks rock. Just sayin. xx

The Accidental Amazon said...

Hah! This is great. Sorry I missed it last year! Also an only, also hate liver. You now must read my current random things post, because we be sisters! Except I'm way taller, so I could clear a path for you in a crowd.

Are there people who don't think cyber-friends are real friends? Love my online pals and blog sisters.

LunaTechChick said...

Hey there! Yes, I read your Random Things post & totally agree...we be sisters! I love learning more about my blogging friends.

I'm sure there are some people who don't think online friends can be as close on RL friends, but I am obvs not one of those people. I'm closer to most online friends than most of the people I know and see in the flesh!

So glad to know more about ya & glad to count you as a dear friend!

xx

Anonymous said...


You had me at martini with blue cheese olives! So there is hope... for hair and martinis and Tamoxifen? Just stumbled on your blog looking for hair regrowth pictures. I am two months out from Taxol and your pics made me very happy! :) Stay healthy!

LunaTechChick said...

Hey there Anonymous!!! Yes, I do love me some Grey Goose Martinis with bleu cheese olives...probably a little too much!!! So glad to know my photos made you happy. The whole reason I did the hair growth post, because I searched for that right after my diagnosis. Found some, but not many with hair like mine. Congratulations on finishing Taxol! Celebrate the return of your hair! Raise a martini to the milestones! Thanks so much for visiting my blog & commenting! Cheers! xx