Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Thursday, June 11, 2020

There's Somethin' Wrong
With The World Today....

Random Flower for prettyness
OMG where do I start??  There are SO many things wrong with the world today.  This post will be mostly just to mark the times, for my fading memory.  Pretty sure it won't be a coherent, cohesive post at all.



June 2020
Pandemic and quarantine.

COVID-19 still going around. Some areas still increasing in case numbers.  Pretty much the whole country is open now.  

Mask wearing.  Apparently, the wearing of the mask indicates your political party in many cases.  Sorry, but that's just stupid.  Yes, I'm annoyed that I have to mask up if I need to run inside somewhere to get food or other necessary item.  Especially when I see most other customers are not wearing a mask.  

Social distancing must continue, unfortunately.  

George Floyd.  Maybe not a perfect person, but didn't deserve to die on the street like that.  

Protesting.  In the middle of a pandemic.

Violent protests with destruction and looting.

Peaceful protesters removed by force.  Disgusting.

Waiting and watching to see if these large groups of protesters cause a spike in the COVID-19 cases.

And it's an election year.  I voted in the Presidential Primary by mail.  And I will do it again in November if it's possible. 

So many more things.  I shudder to think of what July will bring.  

I. Am. Tired.  SO much fatigue.  News fatigue.  Quarantine fatigue.  

My fatigue is fatigued.  


This is 51
I turned 51 last week.  I stretched my comfort zone and got some Thai curbside take out.  We had some video visits with friends and family and I was even sung "Happy Birthday To You" twice.  Made me feel like I should be washing my hands lol!  Seriously, I am SO glad we have technology so that we can SEE each other and feel like we are spending time together.  It made me feel loved. 

Anyway, I have written, re-written, trashed and started over on this post so many times.  I just am not going be be able to articulate the way I'm thinking and feeling about everything that's going on.  It really does feel like we're livin' on the edge

So, I guess that's my ramblig musing for now.

With love,

~Chicken Little


2 comments:

Nancy's Point said...

Yeah, it's all a bit overwhelming. Okay, way more than a bit. And the fatigue factor is very real. I've taken a three-day break from the news and have been mostly offline and off social media as well. It felt good, but the stuff is still happening. I was uplifted a bit by the Supreme Court decision. Gives me hope.

Thanks for a perfectly stated ramble. Stay well. xx

LunaTechChick said...

Thanks Nancy! Yeah, I have had to limit news coverage. I'm just so tired of, just...everything! I never imagined we'd live through times like these. You stay well too! xx