Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Do You Remember The Time...

Today.  Today marks five years since Michael Jackson passed away. Farrah Fawcett as well, but all you saw on TV was Michael Jackson. I remember this day well. Ok, not "well" but, rather, vividly. Because when I heard the news that the King Of Pop was dead, I was resting on the sofa, ice pack on my boob, really flipping the fuck out from having just had a biopsy.

It was the beginning of the shit hitting the fan in our life.

Although I do tend to Remember The Times through all the procedures and treatments, this particular one might have been forgotten...except for MJ. And Farrah.




4 comments:

Claudia Schmidt said...

MJ died a year BEFORE I had BC, but I still remember it so vividly because I was in the car with my (then) 11 year old son and we heard it on the radio and we just couldn't believe it. MJ was so important to my kids when they were growing up and he was very shocked by it. In a weird way, it was a bonding thing for the two of us so I'll always rememember it with mixed emotions. Thanks for jogging my memory.

LunaTechChick said...

Hi Claudia! I grew up with The Jackson 5 & MJ & was just so shocked to hear he died. Of course I was reeling from what was beginning in my life, so it just made the weeks to follow all the more surreal. I'm only now able to hear certain MJ / Jacksons songs without getting very, very upset. But I'm def getting there. :) Thanks so much for reading & commenting here. :)

Nancy's Point said...

I remember that very clearly too. That was in my other life, you know, before cancer. I remember feeling kind of bad for Farrah's family. Her death got such little attention. Sorry you have your own unpleasant memories of that day. I bet you have strong reactions to anything MJ related, but especially on this date.

LunaTechChick said...

Hi Nancy! Yes, I'm now super affected by his music now. Especially certain songs that were played over & over & over during news coverage. And his funeral was just a few days before my first surgery...just made an already so unreal time seem even more unreal. Thanks for reading & commenting. :)