Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Oct 20, 2009 12:48am "Pink Out Pep Rally"

Pink Out Pep Rally

Posted Oct 20, 2009 12:48am
Ok, so it's been a bit more than a week since my Halfway There chemo and the fatigue has finally lifted. Still no nausea issues, but the fatigue with this one was the worst so far. Not totally unmanageable, but I did need to spend most of last week just resting around the house. Luckily we had good weather for it. It just rained and rained and rained. Also, they have started giving me the Neupogen shots starting the day after the chemo, rather than waiting a week. Keep that white cell count from dipping too crazy low like it had been doing. Which is good. So we're staying on schedule so far.

So anyway, energy returning so I went back to school Friday. They had a Pink Out for the Cure Pep Rally Friday and honored those of us in the district who have battled or been diagnosed with cancer. Three of meh girls in our class got together and surprised me by making shirts to wear at the pep rally that said We Love (heart) *my name* on the back and they made me a Survivor sash that looks like I'm wearing the breast cancer ribbon. It matches the ribbon they made to go on the front of their shirts! Our students are awesome. Totally made my day.

No comments: