Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Friday, October 31, 2014

And Every Day Is Halloween!

Goodbye Pinktober. Yet the pink crap hangs around. Sure the big displays on endcaps and in aisles will be packed away, but you can always find pink ribbon crap around in stores, all year long.  It makes a bit of a comeback in the spring also, for some reason. But I'm glad to see the end of the pink party. Buh-bye Pinktober!

I love Halloween. It's my favorite holiday. It's full of scary, spooky fun. But there is that "fear" that is part of my life, and I totally hate it. "The fear"....the bc fear. Fear of recurrence. Fear of metastasis. Fear of having to do it all over again, be bald, feel shitty, wonder if I'm gonna live through it. It sucks, but it's part of the "new normal" for most bc people. And sadly, so far, nothing from all that pink awareness has done anything to even begin to corrected that. 

Anyway... I appreciate (every day) that I am one who is so very fortunate that I can choose to not allow that effin fear be part of my day today. (So many are not. And no thanks to the pink awareness.) 

It's Halloween, I love it, and I'm going to enjoy it. 

And I'm going to try (harder) to make every day like Halloween...

Buh-bye Pinktober! 







4 comments:

Nancy's Point said...

I've always enjoyed Halloween too. I know what you mean about living with that fear you spoke of. I don't actually think about it that often, but I do think about it. How could we not? And it's true that the pink sort of reappears in full, or maybe in "half force", each spring. Where I live Mother's Day is a biggie for the pink machine... I find it more annoying then for some reason. A belated Happy Halloween to you and hello, November!

LunaTechChick said...

I agree, super annoying in the spring! Happy Halloween Weekend! Yay!

Beth L. Gainer said...

Yes, the pink stuff lingers -- year-round, actually. I also worry about recurrence and metastases. I totally get it. I don't want to go through hell again either. I guess that's something all of us have in common.

I have mixed feelings about Halloween. I enjoy the costumes and of course the candy, but I don't like the glorification of death.

Nice post!

LunaTechChick said...

It really does hang around all year doesn't it? With the peak in October & spring. I think every person who's had cancer has, at least in the back of the mind, that fear & some PTSD. I do know I'm better with managing it, and some times a whole day will go by without it the farther out I get. Thanks for commenting!