Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Blurred Lines

So here's a little "We need to know this WHY??" kind of post. But here goes...

I have not been to an eye doctor in quite a long time. A long, long time. Well before my diagnosis in 2009. I know that's not very smart. I know that it's very irresponsible of me. I have a fear of the eye doctor. All doctors. Someone mentioned that breast cancer can metastasize to the eye. It's rare, but can happen. I dunno if it's true or not. It probably is. And no, I don't want to hear your story about your friend/sister/cousin/aunt who had it happen to her. Sorry to be harsh, but no. And please don't comment or email me a list of symptoms to look for...cause then I will surely have every single damn one of them. Remember, I AM the Master of Psychosomatics. Ok? So just don't.

Anyway, reading small print has been getting increasingly difficult. But I have had success with just holding the thing I'm reading as far away from my eyes as possible, bringing the print back into focus. But the thing is, it appears that my arms just aren't long enough anymore. Great. All I can see are blurry lines.

Being afraid of the eye doctor, but tired of misreading stuff, I figure I'll just pop on over to the drug store and grab myself a pair of reading glasses. I found a nice kiosk that has a little "eye test" of sorts where you look through this thing and turn a dial, and the lowest setting you can read the print is the strength of readers you should use. Lucky me, I only need the weakest ones, the 1.00's.

I tried them out all around the store! Hey! I can totally read anything now! Yay! I get them home and text O, who is out on a shoot. He asked me to text him a pic of me wearing them so he can see. So I grabbed the phone, put on the glasses, made a goofy face and took the picture and sent it. He texts back that I look like "Alex from Orange Is The New Black".

I dunno so much about that, but I do love Laura Prepon, who plays Alex Vause on OITNB. Loved her on "That 70s Show" too. I think she's very attractive. So I definitely took it as a compliment. 

And I think O needs to get his eyes checked too. LOL!


I dunno...

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You look very good with glasses.

I never saw an eye Dr. until I started tamoxifen at the age of 33 (UGH!). It turns our I have a little spot but it's all good. I was probably born with it. Who knows. Who cares. Too much on my plate to figure out how it got there. As long as it is b9 I am good to go.

They recommend I wear sun glasses at all times. Actually, everyone should.

Reason why I see my eye Dr. 2x a year is because of tamoxifen. So far so good. And I hope it stays that way. I will be on tamoxifen for 10 years so we shall see.

I know what you mean about being scared of all Doctors now. I feel the same way you do. But of course, I feel safer checking than not. Blah.

I am not familiar with the show you mentioned but you def. look great with the glasses.

LunaTechChick said...

Hey Rebecca! Thanks so much for the lovely compliment. Yeah, I'm not the smartest cookie when it comes to dealing with doctors. Thanks for commenting =)