Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Saturday, June 27, 2020

I Wear This ****ing Mask Because...

I didn't love my last haircut.  The stylist that did it is aware that I was, shall I say, less than happy.  My regular person wasn't available.  I was desperate.  My last haircut was near the end of January.  Had I known a pandemic was coming, I would have waited for my regular stylist.  Now, I'm growing out a cut that I don't love.  

Why?


June 2020
Because there's not enough mask wearing in my area.  Even though my salon has imposed some major COVID-19 restrictions and are wearing masks, I am still uncomfortable going inside anywhere for any extended period of time.  This includes nail salons, restaurants, grocery stores...  Pretty much anywhere I can't mask up and zip zap.  In and out.  

Anyway, people, please stop making mask wearing a political hot button.  I am SO tired of it.  I don't appreciate the major eye-rolling I get when a non mask wearing person sees me wearing one.  When they do that, they get the stink eye right back.  No, I don't glare at non mask wearers.  I just do my best to stay at least 6 feet away. 

But really people.  Wearing a mask shows that you care and respect your fellow human.  It's NOT an infringement on your rights.  It no more violates your rights than the requrement of wearing pants in public does.  Are you against seatbelts?  Are you against wearing a helmet on a motorcycle?  Why masks then?  

And now a rant.  To the person who wanted to stand way too close to my husband in a checkout line recently, ignoring the markers on the floor....  Imma need you to take 3 giant steps backward, so that you can get a good running start and take a giant leap into fucking yourself.  *ahem*

Sorry bout that.

I apologize if this offends you.  If so, you cannot handle me.  

Actually, no. I don't apologize.  Sorry not sorry. 

Just sayin'. 


Doesn't take a stable genius to figure this out. 

6 comments:

LunaTechChick said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7e3aWy-UjE

Nancy's Point said...

Amen, sister!

I'd say mask wearing is 50/50 in my neck of the woods. Every time I see someone not wearing one (which is pretty often), I want to say, I'm wearing one to show I care about you. Why aren't you wearing one to show you care about me? This should not be political.

LunaTechChick said...

Exactly right Nancy!!! Clearly we're living in a very ME oriented society. Especially here in the South. People are so anti-mask. I actually need to go add a couple more thoughts to the post.

But yeah, so tired of the politics, the pandemic & the people being jerks.

LunaTechChick said...

This paragaraph was added after publication:

"But really people. Wearing a mask shows that you care and respect your fellow human. It's NOT an infringement on your rights. It no more violates your rights than the requrement of wearing pants in public does. Are you against seatbelts? Are you against wearing a helmet on a motorcycle? Why masks then?"

MyLeftBreast said...

First of all, your hair looks great! Second, I’m from NJ and we got so slammed by Covid 19 that most of us are still staying in even while we’re slowly reopening. I wear a mask any time I’ll be around other people. Those who don’t are just hurting themselves cause the data shows they’re going to get the virus. Stay safe! ❤️

LunaTechChick said...

Awww thank you for saying that. I am cutting my own bangs & I think I do pretty well with them, but that's it. I wish my state, or at least the counties we live & work in would mandate masks. It would really help. Thanks for reading & commenting. You stay safe too!
xx