Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ooops! I Did It Again.....

Good lord! It's been ages since I did an update it seems.  So, what's been goin on....well, recently I had (another) chance to thank & hug my hospital medical team.  My friend, M,  was having a day surgery procedure, & it's all the same staff as when I was in there in 2009.  She even got the exact same nurse I had.  Was fun to visit with them & not be on the receiving end of their awesome services.  They actually remembered me, too.  No, really, they weren't just sayin they did, I could tell they really did.  And so I made sure to tell them how much I appreciated all their hard work & thank them for the roll they played in my being healthy & here today.  I can tell they don't get that from former patients often. Even got to see Dr V there too.  Which was fun.  He popped in the room while we were waiting for them to bring M back from recovery.  Yep.  I did it again.  Right in front of M's husband, R, too.  Turned into a squealin, twitterin idiot.  I mean, you woulda thought Craig Ferguson had walked into the room. M later told me that R told her I "turned into a high school fangirl".  Or something like that. Yeah.....he probably wasn't expectin me to be all like
"DR VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" with raised arms & giant hug & stuff.  Right.  Sorry Dr V. *shakes head & rolls eyes in disbelief*

And I've decided that I'd better get the damned genetic testing done.  So, that will be happening in the next few weeks.  Takes about 2 weeks to get results.  Trying to time it out with my next 3 month visit to the oncologist, Dr W.  That way, while I'm there, he can go ahead & tell me my X-ray looks good, my blood is still beautiful, & I do NOT have the BRCA gene.  That's fully what I expect to (better) hear.  Still kinda wonderin why this testing wasn't done in the beginning of all this breast cancer bullshit.  I mean, had we done the testing, & if it said I had the gene, I probably would have made different decisions with the surgeries & stuff.  But, I probably don't have it.  We're just gonna make sure of that with the test.  

And finally.  Hair regrowth after chemo.  I finally let my hair stylist cut a 'do.  And I can't deal with it.  Shoulda waited a bit longer.  But oh well.  It's not like it's the 1st time I've told her to do a cut & not liked it.  Ooops! Yeah.  But I also figure, with as far as I have to go, er - GROW, to be "happy" with my hair, what's one bad haircut?  I mean, really. BUT, I will say this: I LOVE havin hair to have issues with.  Love love love!

Ooops! I did it again.

No comments: