Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lost Another....

I'm just so sick of it, this cancer crap.  We recently learned of the passing of a very nice lady that I had gotten sorta close with through work (in the video company).  She & I used to cheer each other on, as we were battling our cancers at the same time.  And now she's done battling.  And we're just so sad about it.  

I didn't realize she was battling Stage 4 stuff.  Until about 8 months ago (?), I thought her prognosis was similar to mine, especially since she got her pic line removed just a week or so before my mediport was removed.  She just carried herself with such pep & happiness.  I mean, I don't think I ever saw her without a huge smile on her face.  So, as her Caring Bridge updates started reading differently, I feared I'd get a notification about an update that I never ever wanted to read.  And it happened.  Saturday.   And I just can't believe it. 

Here is a note she posted on my CarePage in response to an update (rant):  

"Ah, you put a BIG smile on my face today! I'm soooo there with ya sister.... Dealing with insurance SUCKS, that's the bottom line, but I'm grateful we (you and me) have it!
And it's quite okay to be the cancer drama queen, just make sure your tiara stays on straight and doesn't fall off! LOVE YA and Praying for ya, W
"

Ms. W, thank you for all the kind words & encouragement.  I hope you know how much we admired your strength & positive attitude....We're thinkin of you & your family. 

I cannot find words to get across what I feel about this.  So will just stop here.

2 comments:

Karen Ann said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, it's part of the circle... of life.

LunaTechChick said...

Thanks Karen Ann. She really was a really good person. Thanks for keepin up with me here. =)