Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Waiting Is The Hardest Part

It really really is.  Got a good report from Dr W on Thursday.  It appears I'm still doin well.  As far as anyone can tell.  Blood work doesn't really tell you much, though, unless things have gotten WAY outta hand. But the same can be said about scans too.   So, what's the right way to monitor something like bc?  Beats me.  But this is what makes this doctor visit so skeery.  And this was the first time there was time between the blood draw & the results....like a week.  I'm not good at waitin.  Not that I'm impatient, just that I continue to be a paranoid freak, so I freak myself out.  Let's not forget that I, LTC, am the hypochondriac-master of psychosomatics extraordinaire.  So anyway, yeah, was very relieved that all seems to continue to remain well & NED continutes to be my BFF.

But wait, there's more....

Still one more skeery doctor appointment to go.  Normally Dr V doesn't scare me much, as I usually see him after havin had a mammo with the results revealed right then & there...no waitin.  So seein him for a hands on inspection is usually no biggie....(seriously no biggie...I'm President of the IBTC lol).  Ahhh, but this time....since I graduated to annual mammos in September....it's all up to Dr V to not feel any unusual lumps or bumps.  Then the official YAY-Fest will commence. 

Anyway...O really tried to distract me & cheer me up & make me laugh as best he could when we went to have those labs drawn.  So here I am pre-labs...I can just tell that I'm less than amused...But we still managed to have a nice afternoon out & about.

And no, we didn't have cameras followin me around at the cancer center...I'm still in a bit of a quandry about the Reel Rants show...sorry to say, there just hasn't been the interest or response to it that we'd hoped for.  I'm not gonna go any more in depth on that less than stellar reaction to it (& why I think that is) here...but it will roll out....we will do it....just takin a bit longer than we anticipated. 

Anyway....1 down, 1 to go & then I'll chill the fuck out relax until it's time to do it again in September.

In the meantime....I'm tryin my hand at growin my own sprouts! I got an Easy Sprout & some seeds.  I love the Broccoli/Clover/Radish sprout blend on sandwiches & stuff...& sproutin is supposed to be easy & fun, so, figured I'd give it a try.  So I should have some yummy "Salad Blend" sprouts here in a few days.  Started them on Monday....guessin they'll be ready by Saturday or Sunday? I dunno.  I'm not good at waiting.  I'll let ya know how they turn out.

The waaaaiiiting is the hardest paaarrt.

Yep.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Great News, hang in there and don't let it drive you to crazy...

LunaTechChick said...

Tryin my best! Thanks for readin & commentin & stuff! xx

Sandra Davis said...

Yes I know waiting is no fun--no matter what you're waiting for. But waiting for results of a medical thing would have to be very nerve-wracking and soul wrenching..I get it. But just take deep breaths and say a prayer..that's what I'm doing and all we can do. Love you, Mom