Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mar 13, 2010 Over The Cold

Over The Cold

Posted Mar 13, 2010 4:15pm
Wow, it seems like it's been quite a while since I did an update, so lemme fill y'all in on a bit of this and a bit of that. Yes, I'm so totally enjoying not having to report to the clinic daily! But that 3 week Herceptin did seem to arrive quickly. Took it last Thursday. It went just fine.

Ok, gotta back up a bit...so yeah, got done with radiation. Still can't wear a bra. And I'm SOOOOO not lovin that. Skin is almost back to normal color, except for some skin in the boost area, which is like, very dark & flakin off. I'm guessing another couple of weeks & it will all be off.
I had to see my regular doctor for some routine thyroid blood work. Had a really nice visit with her. We talked all about my journey through this crapola & I shared with her my new doc-phobia. How I pretty much don't ever care to see any doctor at any time for any reason. She said that sounds pretty normal, given what I've been through. Even said that in her opinion, I'm suffering from a bit of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Yeah, I'd agree with that. She also said she enjoys my humor at it...although it does have strong sarcasm to it. Yeah, I'm tryin to laugh my way through it at this point.

And I was even gettin all back into my cardio & stuff, when BLAM! Came down with a cold. Exactly 3 days after seein the regular doc. Probably got it off her doorknob. Or the pen to sign in with. So yeah, last week I had a pretty typical cold. It’s gone now. I’m totally over it. Now hubby has it. Ugh! So, hopin to get back to workin out again soon.

We’re on Spring Break this week, and we have great weather for it too, so looks like we’re done with the super crazy arctic cold we had this winter. I mean, this has been the longest & COLDEST winter I can ever remember. And I’m SO over it! Next week, I’m not looking forward to much at all. I get to see the lovely OB/GYN doc. I’ve never been very good at remaining calm for that appointment, but now with the new phobia…well, yeah…not so much. Then day after that I get to meet a new doc, a cardiologist, who will do me an echocardiogram. Gotta make sure the ol ticker is still strong enough for Herceptin. And I really hope it is, cause I so haven’t been consistent with good heart strengthening cardio. THEN, the week after that, I will finally have that mammogram. You remember, the one the surgeon wanted done in December, but we put off cause I was still just too surgery-sore. Had to put it off another month due to radiation burn. So yeah, I’d say that if it’s good enough to squash down in a mammo, I’d better be back in bras by then. AND THEEEN, next day after that, Herceptin again.

So, we have this week totally free from any and all medical stuff. And I’m gonna be tryin to savor the time off from work too.

New pics....Yes, I can no longer refer to myself as “Ol Baldy” or “The Hairless Wonder”. Hair now pretty much covers my scalp. Not enough that I do without the wigs/bandanas mind you, but I’m definitely not bald anymore.

Hair Regrowth After Chemo - March 2010
 Also, check out the eyelashes!! They’re at about 90% of their length now.
Eyelashes & Brows After Chemo - March 2010



Ok, that’s about all for now. Until next time, YAY Spring! Happy St Patty’s Day!

No comments: