Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Oct 7, 2009 7:57pm "Halfway There!"

Halfway There!

Posted Oct 7, 2009 7:57pm
So in the morning, Thursday, I will go for my chemo #3 of 6. First they'll test my blood and then let me know if I can have my chemo. I sooooo hope I can, and I'm sure I will. I very much wanna stay totally on schedule. Staying on schedule will mean finishing the chemo portion of treatment by December 10 and be feeling great in time for the Christmas break! Keepin my eye on the prize!
So how about this? You see those little stubbles left on my head in the mohawk pics? They've grown. I've lost a bit more hair, but most of the stubbles have so far stuck around and have actually grown. Hmmmmmm....Maybe I'm getting a head start on my regrowth? Or maybe as I go through these chemos they'll eventually fall out. Guess we'll wait and see. You can see the grays better. They are actually longer than the dark hairs. So, gray hairs grow faster than non gray hairs?

Well, that's about all I have to report. Gonna get on with this halfway there chemo tomorrow and will keep y'all posted on the progress. I really hope it's same ol same ol, as far as side effects go. I really haven't had any of the terrible ones everyone associates with chemo. So in between chemos I've just been living life. Goin shoppin with friends. Even went to the Brighton Power of Pink Kickoff Breakfast with my new friend L, a fellow bc survivor, and we had some fun. And I went to school and subbed some too. I just can't let this cancer crapola stop me from seeking out the fun in life.

So far I'm super lucky!

No comments: