Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Posted Apr 11, 2010 Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Posted Apr 11, 2010 8:12pm
Hey y'all! So I survived that whole flurry of doctor visits. Over the last 2 weeks I saw my regular doctor - the wonderful Dr S, 2 Oncologists - Dr W & Dr L, my super ob/gyn - Dr D, had the echocardiogram at Dr A's office, FINALLY got that mammogram at a new & fabulous hospital in my area...and finally the follow up with my excellent surgeon - Dr V. Seven appointments. And I was very nervous about each one. Well, not so much the echo. Mostly just Dr D & the mammo.

So the mammo was scheduled about a week before the follow up with the surgeon. And we got there and I was just sooooo nervous. And this was only a mammo of the gimpy boobie. And the nice mammo lady took all kinds of views. And since this was a Diagnostic Mammo, you wait around for the doc to look at it and you learn the results right then and there. Seems like I sat in the little waiting area for ages before the mammo lady came back in and said those lovely words..."All Clear"! It's all good! I totally like slid outta the chair with a huge sigh of relief. (Upon re-readin my updates, I can see I already shared with y'all about this mammo....oh well...the chemo brain lingers! LOL!)

So armed with this info, I wasn't quite as nervous to visit the surgeon. Maybe a little, cause I knew he was gonna take a look at the "good", but "neglected" boobie. And he did check it and said it was fine. It will get mammo'd in 6 months.

So I saw Dr V and we chatted about things. He said he liked my hair. We discussed how I'm pretty much good. Just gotta finish my Herceptin with the mammograms every 6 months for 2 years. He said that a couple of months after the last Herceptin, after all the scans are done and are all clear, we will schedule to remove the mediport. I SO hope this will happen before the holidays. I won't see Dr V again until after the next mammogram in 6 months.

With all these medical appointments and all that's been going on with work and school, it just has been so crazy! I can't believe it's the middle of April already. And I'm SO happy that I have NO doctors to visit till my next dose of Herceptin next Thursday. Almost 2 whole weeks off from doctors!

Yesterday some friends took us out to a really nice sushi restaurant to celebrate hubby's birthday and my surviving all the medical stuff and gettin all good news.  Lots of sushi in my life lately! LOL!
Raw Stuff. I don't eat this.

And the day before we got to tour the brand new high school we'll be in next year. It is SO huge. It's very, VERY nice.

Sooooooo, as the Earth is sproutin new green grass and leaves on the trees, so do I "come back to life" from this battle. Hair growin in, energy continues to return...yes we're in the home stretch. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
=)

No comments: