Copyright Top

© 2008 by LunaTechChick. All rights reserved.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Posted Nov 27, 2009 HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y'ALL! =)

Posted Nov 27, 2009 12:13pm
So I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am sooooo glad that my energy level comes back right on schedule, 1 week from chemo, so I could plan to cook the big meal. Ok, I did scale it back a bit and did more stuff the night before - a fabulous trend that will now be a permanent part of the meal prep. But can you believe I was able to pull it off? I totally cooked a Thanksgiving dinner of turkey, dressing, squash casserole, a wonderful beefy mushroom rice dish that my lovely cousin, Kathy, shared with me years ago, green bean casserole, deviled eggs, stuffed celery, cranberry sauce, and my Hubs made his totally AWESOME pea salad. Hubs helped me out quite a bit by choppin the squash, & doin the heavy lifting.

I'm always nervous about how the turkey is gonna come out. I've dried out many a bird. But this turkey turned out to be the BEST one I've ever done. When my Hubs cut into that breast, juice just ran down! Not dry! Not dry! Not dry! I was all doin a little "turkey's not dry" dance! Seriously, I was so impressed with that bird when he came out of the oven, I had to snap a cell phone pic right away and send to my mom!

Even the dressing turned out good. (I've made some dressing flavored "glue" many times! LOL!)  And my taste buds were all back to normal, so I could actually enjoy the food. Hubby's mother and her friend came over and we all just ate till we were about to pop!

So, 1 week from the last chemo, and I was cookin up a storm. We really did have a great Thanksgiving, and hope you all did too. Only thing that could have made it be perfect would be the ability to "beam travel" like in Star Trek, and get together with my family. But thanks to the internet, Facebook and the telephone, we get to share the turkey love. =)  So I am super glad to have my lovely leftovers to munch on for a few days. We'll be putting up our decorations tonight, and looking forward to the rest of the holiday season.

Yep. I'm thankful. For soooooo many things. Thankful that I have a great family. Thankful for my fab husband. Thankful for awesome friends. Thankful I could taste my food! LOL! Thankful for my health. (Did I say that? Yes, other than doing chemo, I'm quite healthy!) Thankful that in 2 weeks I'll do my LAST CHEMO! And thankful to say goodbye to 2009. Seriously not been the best year, yet I'm determined to come out on the other side smilin!

=)

No comments: